Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wednesday June 11

Today I had to wake up early because a man named Mike was going to pick us up from the house. When he arrived we all said “hi” and jumped into the car. After an hour in the car we finally we got to a boat dock in Fremantle and dad talked to these people who worked at the dock (supplying desalination plants to make pure water in the desert of Australia – where the water is salty). Then I heard a loud noise and a huge fork lift truck lifted a boat up and put it in the water. When dads meeting with his friends was over we went to a restaurant that sold fish and ice cream, they had the best fish and ice cream. Then we went to a small beach and of course I jumped in and got soaked. Sadly after the beach we went to another meeting it was at a house in Swan Valley and there were three kids Jesse was four, Hannah was two, and the other, Zoe was six. Tamsin and I had a lot of fun on the trampoline. Finally we went home and had dinner.

Note –I think Thomas said sadly for the last meeting as this was with people who worked in the most distant part of Australia – near the “Rabbit Proof Fence” – they take “troubled youths/adults” to work in this area to help them come off drugs and alcohol – wonderful people.

1 comment:

christina said...

It sounds as though you and the family are having a fabulous vacation. Thank you so very much for sharing your adventures. I am truly enjoying seeing Australia through the pictures that you are posting and reading your journal. Keep up the good work!! Christina